Wednesday, July 11, 2012

WIAW-Green Juice, Yoga, & More




   
     Many thanks to our hostess at Peas and Crayons for giving us this weekly opportunity to ogle the good eats of hundreds of bloggers. This month there is an added focus on fitness.

     Today for your ogling pleasure, I present some of the delicious foods I've been finding to nosh on while attempting to "eat clean" as well as a collage of one of my favorite ways to stay fit, centered, and achieve an overall sense of well-being: yoga! Enjoy!


These Days I start off with.... 
Aliment, Copyright 2012

                                            ...green juice (this one, I think, had celery, cucumber, carrot and apple.)

Followed by...
Aliment, Copyright 2012
 ...nuts and berries (or more accurately: Ezekiel Flax cereal, raw almonds, raw unsalted sunflower seeds, frozen blackberries, and a drizzle of coconut oil before topping with unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Yum!)

Lunch...Dinner...and late night noshing...

Aliment, Copyright 2012

 Tuna (made with Nayonaise) on Ezekiel Flax Sprouted Grain Bread, with Carrots. 
Later: Brown rice topped with Kale and black beans which had been sauteed in coconut oil, chili sauce and lime juice.  
OH MY GOOD! So delicious, I cannot begin to tell you.
That night, I was hungry again:
garden greens, organic carrots, white beans, a drizzle of oil and vinegar. A little Trader Joe's Green Olive Tapanade and Ezekiel bread on the side. Mmmmmm.

Aliment, Copyright 2012
 What foods and activities make you feel your best?

With happy belly and happy heart, 
Tamar
 

2 comments:

  1. OK, the green concoction had me concerned. But the kale-on-rice and black beans in coconut oil made me say, "Yum"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As gross as the green drink looks, I promise you: delish!!!! Kale on rice, oh yeah, yummmmmm. Thanks for stopping by!
    xo,
    Tamar

    ReplyDelete