After satisfying myself with a few bites I offered this platter to my kids and their friends and it was declared a winner! Seconds were requested and they actually knew what the ingredients were.
Not too shabby mama, not too shabby.
Creamy Caramel Dip
Prep Time: 3 hrs (soaking)
Cook Time: 5 minutes (mixing)
Ingredients (About 2 cups)
- 1 cup of Medjool dates (no pits)
- 1 cup chickpeas (cooked)
- 1/4 cup nut butter (I used almond)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup vanilla
- Soaking water (warmed)
1. Soak dates in warmed water for about 3 hours (or up to 4 is ideal)
2. Remove dates from water, but reserve water.
3. Add dates and chickpeas to food processor. Pulse.
4. Add other ingredients except water. Pulse again.
5. Slowly add water about 1 tablespoon at a time and blend until nice and smooth. Be sure to scrape down sides so everything gets incorporated.
Store in sealed container for up to five days.
Powered by Recipage