Monday, July 2, 2012

Low-Sodium Savory Tofu & Garden Greens

     As you may remember from my recent post here, I am on a clean eating adventure. I'm trying to cut out the excess sodium, sugar, and unhealthy fats that have been making my bod feel like a junk yard. Last night I created a delicious and nutritious meal for my dinner that I loved so much I just had to share. I felt full, satisfied, and fantastic after eating it. Also, the mild spice was just what I needed to help cool me down on a particularly HOT evening here in New England.

     A couple of notes:
I count this as "low-sodium" because I added no salt to the dish, there is a bit of salt in the red chili sauce that I used, but I only used a bit of it and salt is far enough down on the ingredients list that I think it barely counts. Also, please note that I would recommend using even more garden greens than are shown in my picture, I only had a small handful that were ready for harvest last night. Lastly, I wrote that the recipe serves 1-4. I ate the entire thing myself last night and it was a hearty meal for me, but served with additional sides (preferably more veg or some healthy whole grains) this could serve up to 4 people!

Low-Sodium Savory Tofu & Garden Greens

by Tamar
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 5-10 min





Ingredients (Serves 1-4)
  • 2 Tbs Organic unrefined Coconut Oil
  • 1/2 tsp Chili sauce
  • 1 Tsp Ginger paste
  • 2 cloves Garlic, minced
  • 1 brick Organic Sprouted Tofu, cubed
  • 1 bunch Organic Chard/Kale/or other garden greens of choice, torn
  • Fresh Organic Cilantro, to taste
Instructions
Heat oil over medium heat (no hotter as this is not good for coconut oil) add tofu and saute until lightly golden. Add chili sauce and ginger paste, stir to coat evenly and cook 1 min more. Turn heat to low, tear greens into 1-2 inch pieces. Add greens, cilantro and minced garlic. Stir lightly until greens are just wilted and garlic is fragrant. Remove from heat immediately and transfer to dish. Eat alone (for one) or with sides such as whole grains and more veg to serve more. Enjoy!
Powered by Recipage


Bon Appetit!
Tamar 

2 comments:

  1. That looks delicious! Thanks so much for linking up at Mealtime Monday! Can’t wait to see what you like up tomorrow night!

    Kaylee
    www.couponingncooking.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed with creativity in cooking with tofu!! Great job. Thanks for sharing this at Romance on a dime!

    ReplyDelete